Goan Spiced Fish Oven Poaching Kit
From Goa, our favourite spiced fish oven poaching kit combines an array of spices to flavour your fish, which plated up on a bed of pilau rice and topped with the mango ketchup brings a little bit of Goa into your home! During Owen’s trip around India, he made the obligatory trip to Goa. Being an old Portuguese colonythere is quite a marked difference between Goa and the rest of india. The Portguese influence was apparent, not only from a sudden increase in good Catholic names, but the culture and the food. The region cooks a lot of seafood and one of the flavours Owen remembers most is the xacuti spice blend.
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS- Pre heat oven to 180ºC.
- Place the fish (fillets ideally) in the poaching bag and pour in the poaching baste. Tie the bag with the blue tie.
- Thoroughly coat the fish in the baste then place the sealed bag on a baking tray in the oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes, untie the bag carefully to avoid the escaping steam.
- The fish should flake easily, if not retie and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of the cooked juices and the mango ketchup.